Values / Vision
We believe that everyone who comes to the Port Lincoln Primary School has something special to offer.
This means that our school is a place where thinking, trialling, problem solving and decision making are encouraged and supported.
We develop the skills of inquiry and engage students in their learning.
Our school values:
- A creative, innovative, friendly and secure environment.
This means that our school is a place where cooperation and sharing are modelled and the involvement of the whole school community is directed towards improving outcomes for children.
- Learning, personal excellence, effort and quality of achievement.
This means that our school is a place where achievement is expected and acknowledged.
We take pride in achievement, effort and learning as an ongoing process.
- A learning environment, which is socially just.
This means that our school is a place where individual needs are catered for and the right to self-expression is supported within an agreed code of behaviour. We treat individuals fairly and everyone is encouraged to participate fully and make the most of available opportunities.
Our school is characterised by:
- Staff who work cooperatively and happily with students and parents, and in doing so share pride in their school and its achievements.
- Children who enjoy learning and respect the rights of others.
- Parents who are actively involved in the life of the school and its decision making processes.
- Shared leadership reflecting the needs of the school, its community and responding positively to change.
- A positive public profile.